VISCOTAQ is a unique viscous-elastic amorphous a-polar polyolefin for the protection against corrosion on underground and aboveground substrates in the pipeline industries. VISCOTAQ has been developed in cooperation with leading companies in the Oil & Gas industry and Polymer engineering companies to produce a new viscous-elastic coating products with unique and better properties for the protection of shaped and non-shaped substrates.
The philosophy behind the development of VISCOTAQ is that - unlike other coatings - VISCOTAQ always has a permanent and intimate contact with the surface of the substrate. The viscous modulus and the elasticity modulus of the materials are designed to provide permanent wetting characteristics hence forcing the material to flow into the pores and anomalies of the substrates.
VISCOTAQ eliminates salts and osmosis as it is impermeable for water. Its a-polar rejects water and salts particles eventually being absorbed in the coating. Adhesion to substrates is eliminated from the permanent wetting and flexible characteristic. VISCOTAQ can be applied on a ST-2 or SSPC-3 cleaned surfaces. Though SA2.5 or SSPC-10 is recommended for best results.
With VISCOTAQ, Microbiological Induced Corrosion (MIC) does not occur because No water and Nitrogen is trapped at the boundary of metal and coating. There is real adhesion to the metal substrates and kept under permanent pressure at all times. VISCOTAQ material is slightly Alkaline which is unfavourable to SRB.
VISCOTAQ PRODUCT RANGE;
- VISCOSEALANT - Sealing paste for filling up those gaps and uneven surfaces
- VISCOWRAP HT - Self-healing wrapping tape suitable for operation up to 71 degrees Celsius
- VISCOPASTE HT - Use in conjunction with VISCOWRAP HT
- VISCOSLEEVE HT - Heat Shrink Sleeves with viscous-elastic elements. Primer is not needed
- VISCO TANK CHIME - Solutions for Corrosion at Above ground Tank's Chime area